Mudeungsan Mountain located in Gwangju, South Jeolla Province, fully opened its door to the public for the first time in 57 years on Saturday.
Civilian access to the top of the mountain had been restricted since 1966 as air force units were stationed in the respective location.
Many visitors gathered on the day of the opening to enjoy a round-trip hike of approximately 390 meters that goes from Seoseokdae columnar joints to Inwangbong Observatory.
- 홍준표 "혁신위 해체위기, 이준석은 앞길 막아…용산 어쩌나"
- S. Korea thanks countries near Gaza for assisting in evacuation of S. Korean family
- N. Korea vows military action after US missile test
- 8 in 10 favor removing mandatory camera shutter sound: survey
- Fractional art market opens up to lure new investors
- Unification ministry plans to hold talks with UN Command to resume Panmunjom tour
- S. Korea to set up task force to put rising prices under control
- Man wins W1.4b, putting to bed legal battle surrounding wife’s death